Sunday, January 09, 2011

Korea Trip, 28Dec

Noreen had to work, so I was on my own. Watched Monday Night Football (it was Tuesday in Korea), kickoff was 10:30am. Had lunch at Turtle Cove, which is a combination chow hall/restaurant. Military eat there for "free" and everyone else pays. It was fajita day and it was neat to see all of the Koreans there eating fajitas! Noreen got off work and we got my ID card registered in the base system so I could get on the base if I left. We walked into town and had dinner at McDonald's and walked around the open air market; mostly food (fruits, veggies, meat, whole fish, kimchi) for sale. On the walk back, we had Bungeo-ppang which are fish shaped cakes made with waffle batter and red bean paste in the middle, cooked on a fish-shaped waffle iron (see this link) and then back to the base because Noreen had to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home