Sunday, January 09, 2011

Korea Trip, 26-27Dec

(San Diego-LAX-Narita-Busan-Jinhae)
Woke up stupidly early (3:30) to drive up to a long term parking lot at LAX. Got up there easily, parked easily, no line to check my suitcase, no line at security...which meant that I had 4 hours to kill before my flight. The flight to Narita was uneventful. I had about 90 min at Narita before the flight to Busan, then a 2 hr flight on JAL (very nice!) to Busan.

The plan was for me to call Noreen or the base taxi to get me at the airport, but I couldn't because all of the pay phones used phone cards. I went to the 7-11 in the airport to get a card and a taxi driver asked me what I needed, I told him and he loaned his phone to me so I could call Noreen. He overheard the conversation and he said he could take me to the base for 50,000W (about $50); so, off we went, and yes, he got me there. It was on this ride that I learned that lane stripes are merely suggestions in Korea. Met Noreen at the gate and she took me to the base hotel. I called Mom with my phone using Skype on the hotel WiFi and crashed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home