Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Wierd Music Tastes

Ok, my wacky music tastes are nothing new. I like stuff from jazz (guys like Pat Metheny, Art Blakey, MJQ) to speed metal, to rock, whatever else...but..
Last week I was flippin thru the channels and was watching CMT's Top 20 Country Music Bandsof all time. I recognized a bunch of the bands, even though I'm not a real country nut. (note that the list on the website has 18, they left 2 off, I have no idea why). Anyway, I rediscovered bluegrass, which I kind of liked anyway. So, I bought the latest CD from the Del Mccoury Band (new bluegrass) and one from Flatt & Scruggs, the band that did the theme song (actually, the song was the origin for the show) of the Beverly Hillbillies and they did the theme for Petticoat Junction.

I dig the CDs. Man, I'm strange.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, you are NOT weird. You are the son of your mother! About the only type of music I'm not really into is jazz and even then there's some I like.

Think about Bluegrass music and then compare it to Scottish folk music - hear the similarity? Could it be that the Bluegrass roots are definitely Scottish?

4/28/2005 05:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home