Monday, April 04, 2005

Breakfast and getting home

Yesterday I decided I wanted a big breakfast (I'd been eating a bagel at a coffee shop in downtown Tacoma), so I went down to a Denny's knockoff. The restaurant was 2/3 full, and I was seated quickly. And then I sat and waited, reading my paper. And waited. I decided that I was going to wait about another minute before I left and like magic, someone showed up to take my bring me coffee. My waitress showed up a minute or 2 later to take my order. And I waited. And I waited some more. After about 15-20 min, I gave up and tossed $2 on the table to cover my coffee and left. Then I went to IHOP and the knucklehead kid at the podium couldn't even spell Andrew and told me it would be 15 min before I got seated. I knew he was full was of crap, so I left and went to Denny's.

So, while I was waiting for my flight in Seattle (to LAX), they called my name. I figured I was getting bumped since it was obvious the flight was full. Well, I got bumped to 1st class! This time, first class was actually worth something. Besides the drinks being served in real glasses, they served warm mixed nuts (in little china dishes). And we got lunch, real food, served on real china. 9did I mention that they came around and put down cloth napkins as mini-tablecloths for the our tray table?) The choices were turkey cobb salad and a chicken wrap, I had the chicken wrap and it was good. Then, after they'd picked up the trays, they came around with...warm cookies and milk. Yes, the cookies were on china plates and the milk was in glasses. The cookie was great.
My flight from LAX to San Diego was delayed about 35min. But, I'm home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home