Friday, January 23, 2015

London and Paris Trip - Random Observations

I found both hotels on Trivago and it worked great. Since it aggregates from different travel sites, you can see all of the reviews from those sites and it didn't steer me wrong. I bought our Oyster cards for using the London underground and busses in advance and it was a great idea. Being "based" in Kings Cross was very nice, short walk to the underground and enough "services" around there like convinience stores, etc. In both London and Paris, it seems like everyone smokes, quite a shock, coming from California! The people we dealt with in London were all nice and in Paris, everyone was "efficient" (not really rude). Flying Iceland Air worked out fine, if not 100% pleasant, as I mentioned. Food was tolerable, but the flights are comparatively short, so it's not that big a deal. I bought a 7in tablet (Samsung) before we left and I was glad I had it. It made it easy to send emails, surf the web, search for stuff "Ok, google, give me a map of the Eiffel tower", etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home