Sunday, January 08, 2006

Picking up the Jeep

I'm doing 2 posts, one about getting the Jeep and the other one on the Jeep itself.

We flew into the Las Vegas airport and grabbed a cab to the Jeep dealer. After we signed the paperwork (which was relatively painless) and took a look at the Jeep, we had to rent a car and drive to the Nevada DMV to get a 15-day drive away permit. Since our dealer in LV hadn't sold us the Jeep (just delivered it), they couldn't do this for us. Without the permit or other registration, you can't drive it on the road, technically. So, we drove to DMV and waited in line for a total of 30min or so and got the $8.25, 15 day permit to drive the Jeep. Then, we drove back to the dealer and took possession and drove away. This part wasn't too hard, really. Just a pain in the nads.

Tomorrow, I get to register the Jeep in CA. This means getting a smog check and then going over to DMV to register it and paying the taxes. Whee!

Update:
Got the Jeep smogged (passed with flying colors, in fact, the numbers were so low, you'd swear the Jeep wasn't even started. The guy at the smog place asked if I was a member of AAA and if I was going over to them to do the DMV paperwork. Of course I was.....uh...yeah. So, I went to AAA and they handled all of the DMV paperwork & stuff flawlessly. I walked out with plates and everything. I'm so glad I'm a member of AAA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home